1330 Maryland Avenue SW, Washington, D.C. 20024
Nestled between the National Mall and the vibrant Southwest waterfront, Salamander DC is within walking distance to many of Washington DC's most notable attractions. Exuding a sense of comfortable luxury, our spacious hotel rooms, elevated culinary experiences and world-class spa make us the perfect location to explore the nation's capital.
Beginning early December 2023, Salamander Washington DC will undergo an enhancement project. While this work takes place, we are committed to providing our guests with an exemplary level of service and a highly convenient base from which to explore and enjoy Washington, D.C. Our enhancement work is scheduled to conclude in Spring 2024 and will be undertaken in a way to minimize impact to the guest experience.
Please view our Enhancements page to learn more.
CHECK-IN Begins at 4 PM | CHECK-OUT Prior to 11 AM
- Salamander DC is conveniently located two blocks from The National Mall, home to the Smithsonian Institution Building, National Museum of Natural History, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, National Air and Space Museum, United States Botanic Garden, and much more.
- The property features a footbridge for guests to enjoy private walking access to the District Wharf on the Southwest waterfront, a vibrant location offering restaurants, shops and waterfront activities.
- Guests have convenient access to major transportation hubs including Ronald Reagan International Airport within a 12-minute drive, and Union Station within a 15-minute drive. Additionally, the local Washington DC metro train stations are only blocks away, at the Smithsonian Station and L'Enfant Plaza Station.
Salamander Washington DC is the nearest hotel parking garage to the National Mall in Southwest DC. Guests and non-guests of the hotel can enjoy all-day parking in D.C. For more information on parking, please call +1 (202) 787 6666.
- Hotel valet parking is available 24-hours daily for guests
- Guests may call for their vehicle at least 10 minutes prior to departure
- Motorcycles are permitted in the garage at the same fee as vehicles
- All oversized vehicles including buses, camper RV's, and cars with trailers are not permitted in the garage. Please use alternative parking options available at Union Station.
- 0-2 hours: USD 41
- 2-8 hours: USD 53
- Overnight parking: USD 71
- Oversized parking: USD 83
Private airport sedan transfer, limousine service, mini coaches or buses may be arranged through our Front Desk or Concierge.
Please contact +1 (202) 787 6170.
ROOMS AND SUITES
All of our 373 beautifully appointed rooms including our 51 spacious suites offer views over the city or the elegant waterfront.
Enjoy creative cuisine and bespoke cocktails for lunch, Afternoon Tea, dinner and evening snacks in a vibrant living room atmosphere.
Sunday - Thursday | 11:00 a.m. - Midnight
Friday & Saturday | 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
In Room Dining
Stay comfortable in your room with a chef-inspired menu of dishes including breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Breakfast Menu: 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
All Day Delights: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Overnight Menu: 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
Beginning early December, into Spring 2024, the Salamander Spa and our indoor pool will be closed as our enhancement project is underway. Our fitness center will relocate to a sun-lit suite.
Spread over 10,500 feet, our luxurious Salamander Spa is a tranquil urban oasis with a serene atmosphere and stunning facilities.
- Eight treatment rooms
- Dedicated beauty suite
- Relaxation lounge
- Heat and water experience including amethyst steam room, sauna, a vitality pool, ice fountain and cold plunge pool
- 50-foot Indoor swimming pool
- State-of-the-art fitness center
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
Salamander DC features a range of venues offering space, originality, and state-of-the-art technology, capable of hosting events of all sizes.
- Two ballrooms, including the 8,300 square foot Grand Ballroom with 18-foot ceilings and private access
- Nine versatile meeting rooms
- 5,000 square-foot garden with views of the Southwest waterfront and Jefferson Memorial
- Fully equipped business center
- Private lift access and private flagstone terrace
Salamander DC is passionate about providing our guests, both human and canine, with a luxurious and relaxing escape. We welcome a maximum of two (2) dogs per guestroom, per stay and should not exceed 60 pounds each. A non-refundable $150 cleaning fee per stay will apply.
Salamander DC offers the below accessible features. For more information, please call Guest Relations at +1 (202) 554 8588.
- Valet parking
- Registration and Concierge
- Lounge and Bar
- Meeting Rooms and ballrooms
- Fitness center
- Indoor swimming pool
- Service animals are welcome
- Guest rooms with mobility and/or communication features including:
- Visual alarms, closed-captioning on televisions or closed-captioning decoders, grab bars throughout toilet, bathtub and shower, roll-in shower availability, and TTY/TTD availability